Saturday, April 28, 2007

My Final Post....For now atleast

So its been a long 15 weeks and this semester has not been easy in any way...Taking 5 business classes might have been a bad decision but in the end i think it was worth i learned so much...This class six degrees of social networking has taught me so much...

The one thing that I really got out of this class was that the Internet was more then just a place for fun and joking around...There are so many sights out there that can help make a business more successful...Lets look back at some of the things that have taught me in this class..

The guest speakers also helped this class...Tom Kyte and his famous ASK TOM blog was amazing...it was such a honor to hear him and all the speakers speak...

The snow day..a day where no one wanted to walk to class cause it was cold and snowing so professor melander sent us an email saying we will have an online class..She should us technology where we can view her slides and hear her lectures while we were able to ask questions in real time...This helps for when we need to have meetings with people all over the world...

LinkedIN....A facebook for business people...ENOUGH SAID

The murder mystery...a way to use online tools to complete a task showing me that these online meetings might not be easy..trying to find for all people to meet and keeping attention when we do meet....

Lateral Thinking Puzzles...Every morning professor melander tired to get us starting to think with a puzzle...these puzzles gave us something to think about and get our minds ready while letting us have a little fun...

The in class discussions...thanks to the class and professor melander these discussions went really well...Through other kids in the class i was able to learn about technology and how its used on a personal level...Thank you everyone

The purpose of blogs...This class let us get an inside look on companies are using blogs putting ideas into our heads for when we go into the business world...

This class was amazing and i enjoyed every minute of it...So whats next?...This summer I plan to get an internship with NASCAR which should be fun...And next semester Ill be back learning about business at American..What's next for you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I learned and experienced many thing from this class. I was not persnoal computer and network at all. As you mentioned, I just thought the purpose of internet is just having fun and to get some information. However, the class has taught me many possibilities and conveniences in terms of both of buseiness and even daily life. The information must help me to conduct tasks effectively in the future. But I am also no idea what is next for me. So far go back to my country abd research information for my job hunting.

Ich bin Berliner said...

Wow, NASCAR?! How'd you manage that? What will you be doing with them?

leibneritec said...

im not sure yet..hope to work in marketing....ill keep my blog updated...